Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalms 118:24.

What another glorious day. The whole family met at my grandparents' for a sumptuous feast. There was about 15 of us there, although were were lacking a dozen or so more. We snacked on fresh veggies, Mediterranean cheese, and cocktail shrimp until 2 o'clock. For dinner, there was turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, crab souffle, cucumbers & onions in vinegar & oil, and cranberry sauce. For dessert we had pumpkin pie and banana nut cake topped with whipped cream. Not twenty minutes after the meal I promptly fell asleep on the coach, book in lap.

Paige had about four or five accidents today. She's three years old and she's in love with life. You can't stop her from dancing and jumping and running around from sheer joy; and 99.999% of the time she ends up bumping her head, scraping her knee, pinching her finger... One time, at her Baba's house, she was crossing the living-room and waving at him and walked straight into the wall. Poor poor child. She was practically covered in band-aids when we left my grandparents' house today. (NOTE: only band-aids can heal pain, since they hide the wound from the eye, and are applied by grandfathers.)

I talked to my friend Claudine just now. I don't know....... And here's where I let out a big sigh of confusion..... She's in the California desert right now, 2 hours outside of L.A., smoking weed with her friend Kelly (from S. Carolina). Claudine's parents live in Dayton, Tennessee, a world away; and it breaks my heart to know that Claudine, my French-Haitian Bon-Bon, the only woman smarter than my ex, a stunningly-beautiful and amazing young woman, is spending her Thanksgiving alone, in the desert, with a South Carolinian to keep her company.

There's more to it than that, but that's another post entirely...

Well, it's only 10:36 right now. I still have... an hour and a half to give thanks...

WHAT I'M THANKFUL...

1. ...For being born a male in the United States of America, in the late 20th century.

2. ...That I have no diseases, deformities, afflictions, or ailments.

3. ...For the fact that even though I'm a despicable person, God still loves me.

4. ...For Jesus.

5. ...For Joy Electric, and electro music in general.

6. ...For rockabilly, Britpop, surf rock, classic rock, alt-country, indie, and Top 40 (1987-1992) music, in general (see profile).

7. ...For low-priced turkey, ham, and grocery items throughout the United States. Praise God for American wealth!

8. ...For $4.78 6-packs of Bud Light.

9. ...For the U.S. soldiers spending Thanksgiving in Iraq and other perilous locations (and their families.)

10. ...For the current President (altho I didn't vote for him, the man God intended to be President is now President.)

11. ...For Dayton & Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Yellow Springs, Ohio.

12. ...For all my friends, everywhere, the artists, the musicians, the writers, the lovers-of-life...

13. ...My sister, Maleea, and my neice, Paige.

14. ...My whole freakin' family. All 8 billion of 'em... (it seems like).

15. ...You, for reading this blog!

Well, folks, time for bed. I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

God bless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Reading Grasshopper! We thank God for you too!
love DAD

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter