Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Like Nukes in Space

I felt a little uninspired this past week, so I slacked off a bit. Not much to talk about right now. We're still covered in snow, and it's bitterly cold, so I don't feel like getting outside much (although the sun's been shining lately, which makes for my favorite type of wintry day).

Actually, I spent a lot of time (pathetically enough) watching (and then re-watching, and then re-watching again) the first three episodes of the new sci-fi series remake of Battlestar Galactica.

I don't know if you've ever seen the original show from the late 70's, starring Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict as Captains Apollo and Starbuck, respectively, but it was a cheesefest of the wankiest proportions. The show was meant to cash in on the popularity of the Star Wars franchise, and the visual similarities are glaringly obvious, but I won't go there.

Anyway, there was a four-hour mini-series that premiered on Sci Fi Channel last year. It was superb. I recorded it, but have since either taped over it, or lost it when I moved to Ohio.

I could get into the plot, but I won't geek out on you like I did with Batman... Besides, there's too much to mention in one blog post anyway. It's been a while since I've been excited about a TV show, but this new Battlestar Galactica really has me interested.

Maybe I'll type up a geek power-infused essay about the show and post it here later. But for right now, I'll let everyone slide...

Anyway... Not much to say right now... Maybe I'll come back later with a one-two that'll knock a sock off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter