Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A new job?

I'm going in for an interview today with (I think) the marketing department of Citigroup... whatever that is. My friend Tanisha recommended me to one of their bosses, recruiters, whatever, and he called me Monday. The interview's at 2:30...

Tanisha was really ambiguous when it came to the actual job description itself. I asked her point blank twice what I'd be doing, but I still don't remember the nebulous answers she gave back. Part of that makes me hesitant... If this is a commission-based job, or if I have to sell x amount of products or meet a quota per month, then I'm going to pass. I'm definitely NOT a salesman. I have neither the desire nor the skills to convince people to buy crap they probably don't need.

Joe, the Citigroup representative I'm to meet with today, will explain everything, I guess. This looks like it could be a great opportunity to break out of the food service industry and start something new... I guess I'm willing to try anything once (except sales!). It would be full time, which would really help me out financially. And there'd be benfits, health insurance... maybe I could get my teeth fixed or finally switch from these old glasses of mine to new-perscription contact lenses.

Anyway, I've brought it before God in prayer, and I'm asking for a spirit of discernment when it comes to this new opportunity. I don't want to get swindled into something I'd rather not do. Here's hoping this will work out for the greater good...

I'm not really nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter