Thursday, April 28, 2005

Almost there!

Well.... I called the Ohio BMV and I'm all cleared in their computers! So I went in to get a temporary driver's permit and take the written test... AND PASSED!!! All that's left now is the driving test, which is scheduled for 8:40 A.M. tomorrow morning. I don't want to get cocky, but I think I'll do fine...

And that will be the end of this long, arduous journey. Sure, it'll be the beginning of another... but this time it'll be an ADVENTURE. I'll have my LIFE back... my FREEDOM... I'll be able to drive to work... to church... to Yellow Springs... I'll be able to get a McDonald's breakfast if I wake up craving one! No more depending on others for rides... William Wallace knew something of this feeling......

...

I had to turn down the job opportunity from yesterday. It did indeed turn out to be sales... Insurance, mortgages, debt consolidation. Definitely NOT something I want to do. First, I have ZERO PERCENT knowledge of finances, insurance policies, mortgages, etc... Plus, I'm incredibly horrible at even BASIC math... I could just see myself utterly ruining some poor family's financial situation because I forgot to move the decimal point over or hit the wrong button on the calculator. Still, I needed to go to the interview to at least see what they had to offer. But I know I have neither the motivation nor the desire to work in a sales-based career. Especially one involving finances. So it's best for both parties if I pass.

Oh, well. With my license, I'll be able to drive around Xenia and find a second job.

PRAISE GOD!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brock and Adele said...

I hate those jobs where you have to sell your soul to the devil and betray all of your friends by conning them into buying something they don't need.

congrats on the license! I knew you could do it.

hey, write friggin' back sometime. :-D

peace, brock76

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter