Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Don't you put me on the back-burner...

Trying to capture the joy and exuberance of a new relationship is like trying to bottle white-water rapids. Everything is moving, transient, overwhelming in strength and power, and as you struggle to encapsulate it, it washes you away.

There's hesitancy when it comes to talking about meeting someone new. The familiar fears of "jinxing" the situation bars a lot of people from shouting from the rooftops about how much fun they've had. But I can't help it, the brim is overflowing. I had an excellent weekend and it deserves mention.

Several weeks ago, I met a girl. I'll forego mentioning her name, but I will say that she's friends with my sister and she teaches 2nd grade at the same elementary school. When I first saw her, I couldn't help but notice her striking resemblance to a certain ex of mine (who shall also remain nameless). At first this resemblance bothered me, but as time progressed I decided it was all in my head, and I shouldn't superimpose someone else's personality onto a complete stranger.

Two tension-filled weeks crept by, and our date for Sunday finally rolled around. I could spend an hour recounting the entire evening, but I'll spare you the details and cut right to the heart: we had a good time.

I won't lie. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm anxious and a little worried. This is a major find, and I'm trying to keep my head on straight. Messing things up now wouldn't do well for my emotional well-being. I don't find what I like very often, and when I do, it takes everything in my will-power to keep myself in check. I'm very specific in what I'm looking for when it comes to the ladies, which (invariably) limits my options. Stumbling upon someone who fits these standards impels me to actions inexplicable, and I let my guard drop, exposing the weakest side of me.

Hope for the best... prepare for the worst.

5 Comments:

Blogger SweetT said...

good for you :)

- sam

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whhhheeeeew! Glad you made it to Sunday!!! ;)

Rach

11:21 AM  
Blogger Brock and Adele said...

congrats, boywhoneverforgot! I am absolutely stoked for you. I'm hoping for a similar experience, although not until later, since I gave up women for lent.

peace, brock76

4:18 PM  
Blogger Linda - Managing Director said...

So what is happening with this relationship? You haven't posted
any updates. Hope everything is
going well.
I am trying to ask a guy out, but
he is quite busy and keeps putting
me off.
Well...have to be patient, I suppose.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Insane. I never received notification of the last comment (from Egandopamine).

To Egandopamine: I back-tracked your comment to your website, but I was unable to contact you. If you still read this blog, let me know! I'll post an update for you.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter