Friday, March 11, 2005

I Am Finally Broken-Hearted

So you moved to Chicago with Aaron, the tattoo artist (you've known him for years, I guess.) That's it. The end of that story. Three years ago I never would've guessed you'd be there, with him. I wanted you to be an old maid forever, with a thousand cats and a broken, bitter heart. Right now, though, it's me feeling a pain... a pain I cannot describe. God, Time heals all wounds, but I fear this news has killed something deep down inside me. Every thought is a bullet, every memory a knife. This will hurt me forever.

I know I should wish you both well, but instead I can only wish you in hell...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the only thing you can do. It's impossible to simply "tone down" your love for someone and feel nothing. It's far easier to transform one strong emotion into another: hatred. I never used to believe this until it happened to me (in a completely different situation). With hate, the control returns to you. Hate doesn't care if it is reciprocated. Hate works fine in isolation. Hate is a place to start from, something you can release over the years as you recover from your experience.


Clear Ether,
Kinnison

5:43 PM  
Blogger Brock and Adele said...

I think I've been there... for me, the redirected energy took the form of anger at God. Which is stupid - it's not like he made things fall to pieces. But I was angry nonetheless. My biggest struggle was probably venting the anger without hurting anyone else in the process.

have a cold beer with my regards.

peace, brock76

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter