Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Quit Smoking Today

I've been smoking about a pack a day for the past five years. There are numerous reasons for this abrupt change of face:

1) I want to be Christ-like,

2) I don't want to give RJ Reynolds any more of my money (I'm paying them to kill me slowly and painfully),

3) I'm tired of hiding it from people who (I think) think smoking is bad, wrong, disgusting, evil, whatever.

4) I don't want it to come between me and any Significant Others who might come my way some day...

5) I want to get my taste buds back. I want to smell good food.

6) I don't want yellow teeth or fingernails.

7) etc., etc., etc.

This is going to be a very difficult task to accomplish, but we're called to have self-control and self-discipline. Smoking, in a way, proved that I lacked self-discipline.

But hundreds of thousands of others have kicked it... And so can I...

But be ready for some snippy posts here in the next couple of weeks, and forgive me in advance if I bite anyone's head off...

3 Comments:

Blogger Brock and Adele said...

what's up bro. glad to hear that you're working on breaking an addiction.

addiction, by the way, is the only moral problem I have with tobacco. but don't let that stop you from quitting. there are a lot of things about the aesthetic that make quitting a good option.

I recently swore off alcohol, cloves, and caffiene for similar reasons. you can punk me on that one anytime you want.

best wishes! peace, brock76

3:35 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter